One of the quickest and most efficient ways to improve your painting is to study privately with a qualified instructor. In the case of my approach to watercolor fine art, design and composition, I prefer to come to the students home studio. In this way, I am the consultant for studio layout,
lighting and arrangement as well as the instructor on such things as technique, color mixing, paint, drawing, computer file management and photo manipulation.
I work with teens to adults and with beginning to advanced painters and tailor my instruction to the specific needs of the student. I am a representational painter not one known for non objective or abstract painting, I am as much a coach as a teacher or instructor.
Students can select the type of subjects that they want to paint. I encourage students to rely on their personal experience and to develop their “story” based on that experience captured in photographs. Their painting is their story.
Flexible scheduling allows you to pick the time and day that is best for you. Classes can be scheduled 9-5, Monday thru Saturday. For cost savings, you can take lessons with a friend.
Areas of study include: drawing from life and still life and watercolor painting on a variety of painting surfaces.
I teach watercolor classes at the Canton Museum of Art (CMA). I accept beginning intermediate and advanced students through the CMA catalog of classes.
Student fees are based on the CMA tuition policy.
Here are some of the topics and exercises I teach during group lessons.
- Painting the color wheel
- Principles and Elements of Design
- Photoshop for painters
- Compositing or digital collage
- Composition and Design
- Improving drawing skills using a grid
- Developing a study before painting
- Painting the your story
Here is what former students are saying
- I loved taking this class and hope to take more. ML
- Thank you so much for all the wonderful information! Very useful info. Golden mean, gridding, use of software. Thanks for fresh perspectives. LP
- I have taken quite a few classes and Ted’s class has been Excellent; most professional and an excellent instructor. I would love to take more courses from Ted. AC